Top Web Browsers for Data Protection

Discover the best web browsers for the protection of your personal data and privacy. Tor, Brave, Waterfox… with these browsers, you’ll be able to surf the web without having to worry about your data being collected by third parties.

Every day we use web browsers to surf the internet, shop online, browse social networks, listen to streaming music and much more. Unfortunately, in their default configuration, Most browsers collect a lot of data about you. The information you provide may include browsing history, login credentials, cookies and trackers, or your personal information recorded by the self-completion features.

The least secure browsers can even expose this information to third parties and make it easier for them to get hold of it. This is why it is very important to choose a browser that guarantees the protection of your data and your privacy. Here is our selection of the best ones.

To know more about it

Tor, the most trusted web browser

The Tor browser is without a doubt one of the most trusted browsers today in terms of privacy. When you use it, your data is automatically encrypted and sent to different relays to keep your identity secret. This allows you to not only to avoid advertisers, but also hackers or anyone trying to spy on you..

However, this navigator disappoints by his lack of speed. For example, if you want to view streaming videos, this is not the best option. However, if privacy is your only priority, this is the ideal solution.

Brave, the web browser that protects your data and pays you

Based on Chromium and created by a former Mozilla user, the Brave web browser is both and secure, and natively integrates an ad-blocker.. Brave’s servers do not track user data, and several useful extensions can be downloaded.

The default settings are sufficiently confidential, and can be changed for even more security. In addition, Brave has recently introduced a new feature that allows users to watch commercials for a fee…A

How does advertising on Brave work?

In accordance with the desire of its designers to respect the Internet user as much as possible, the viewing of advertisements is completely optional. Those who don’t want it can therefore continue to surf as they have always done. In addition, those who want to participate in the “advertising on demand” can specify the frequency of announcements. At any time, they thus retain control over their Internet.

After each ad viewed, the user will receive tokens redeemable in dollars or bitcoins. In this way, he receives 70% of the revenues generated. The remaining 30% goes to the publisher of the content or rewards the reward system.

The whole mechanism is not based on traditional cookies, but on a browser-based machine learning. The latter determines which ads are of interest to a site visitor based on the content of the site itself as well as the browsing history. In any case, no personal data is sent to Brave’s or a third party’s servers.

Available on brave-navigateur.com, the Brave browser is a small revolution against the current hegemony of trackers on the web. An alternative system for a more transparent canvas.

Waterfox, a Firefox derivative focused on data protection

Derived from Firefox 56, Waterfox offers a very similar operation to its model. However, unlike Mozilla’s browser, it does not collect user data.

This is a good choice of browser in terms of security, but there are some rather slow security updates.. In fact, patches are not applied quickly enough in most cases. Anyway, Waterfox is clearly one of the best derivatives of Firefox. It has the advantage of being open-source and also allows the use of extensions created for Firefox.

Pale Moon, a web browser based on the old Firefox

Like Waterfox, Pale Moon is based on Firefox. It is also open-source and compatible with several older Firefox extensions, is customizable, and does not collect data. Its big flaw is incompatible with many recent Firefox extensions.

Indeed, this browser is not not based on Firefox 56, but on an older version: Firefox 38. In fact, its interface also seems rather old, even outdated, and some people are worried about its security level…

Ungoogled Chromium, the confidential browser based on Chromium

Ungoogled is based on Chromium, the Open Source code of Google Chromebut gets rid of all the privacy-compromising features. In addition, several additional features have been added to improve privacy, control and transparency.

For the rest, the experience is very close to the one proposed by Chromium by default. Unlike other Chromium derivatives that offer their own vision of a browser, this one focuses on minimalism. In addition, Chromium security updates are regularly deployed. It is a 100% open source project.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*